Looking for fitness or wellness classes, retreats, and events? I rounded up five incredible happenings in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania that you shouldn’t miss this summer!
1. City Fit Girls, a network of women who inspire, uplift, encourage and motivate others to maintain a healthy lifestyle in the home, the workplace, and in social settings is hosting their second annual FitRetreat at Impact Hub Philadelphia on August 23rd. FitRetreat is a full day of fitness sessions, wellness, nutrition, and motivational workshops inspired by City Fit Girls’ monthly weight loss subscription service, City Fit Kit (which I reviewed and LOVE). FitRetreat is designed to help and motivate you along your healthy living journey! For $25, you’ll participate in multiple fitness sessions, talk to health professionals, eat healthy food, and meet other amazing women interested in health and fitness. Fitness/wellness sessions will include City Fit Girls Club Cardio (highlighted on 6 ABC’s FYI Philly), yoga, high-intensity interval training (HIIT), belly dance, a fun run and run clinic, cooking demos, topics surrounding the psychology of eating, positive body image and more!
2. Lehigh Valley Yoga Festival exists to provide the community with opportunities to unite in a yoga practice through a variety of resources such as Movement, Music, Workshops and Well-being. On July 26th, the Lehigh Valley Yoga Festival will delight, educate, and enlighten attendees with almost 12 hours of Yoga programs with over 30 yoga meditations, asanas, lectures, chants, and more! This festival at Nature Nuture Center touts programs for yoga for EVERYBODY and music from local and international musicians.
3. If you are in NYC, you can workout for FREE. Yes for free! There is a great selection of outdoor fitness classes where you can workout for free…sweating in the sunshine! Time Out New York goes into greater detail on some gratis classes through the NYC Department of Parks, Central Park Conservancy, and Recreation and Outdoor Rise. Who wouldn’t want to take the party outside with classes like Zumba, yoga, or rock climbing? There is also a Morning Running Club with Paragon Sports for new and seasoned runners that meets at Union Square.
4. Looking for a fitness and health event for the entire family? On July 19-20, the second annual NBC 4 New York Giants Health & Fitness Expo will provide family-friendly fun with an emphasis on a healthy lifestyle! The Giants train all year-round and want to put more focus on the fans’ health as well. Offerings include free health tests and screenings, exclusive locker room tours, and healthy cooking demonstrations. Giants greats (this year Steve Weatherford is slated to appear) will share the love of community, health, and fitness. The Expo encourages families to be more active (with Zumba, rock climbing, and other fitness classes) and there is something for everyone! Last year’s schedule included Bokwa, bellydance, line dancing, and Capoeira! 35,000 are expected at this one-of-a-kind weekend event held at the famed MetLife Stadium.You can even play on the main stadium field where the Giants perform throughout the Fall.
5. Hello New York City! The World Natural Health and Beauty Expo is coming to NYC July 19-20 for a weekend of health, beauty, and wellness. Presented by Taliah Waajid, this show creates a much-needed arena for consumers and beauty professionals to come together to learn and exchange information about healthy hair and skin care, healthy living, the latest beauty products and more. Attendees will enjoy free hair and makeup makeovers, live music and spoken word, free health screenings, natural and holistic products, and an uplifting ambience for the entire family. Attendees will also enjoy free healthy lifestyle classes (yoga, and Zumba), a juicing and cleansing workshop, and a weight loss/management workshop.