I don’t believe we are half-way through August! I hope your summer has been wonderful. I just returned from an incredible family vacation to Mexico. I had EVERY intention of exercising during my travel and packed apparel, sneakers, my FitBit, etc. However my resort’s gym was under renovation (read: empty facility with NO equipment) and it was 100 degrees in the shade. I was seriously bummed and now I am behind in my 10K training. But onward and forward! Today is a new day, I got in my 10K training and Arm Day.
Here’s the FRIDAY FIVE!
1. Where was this when I needed it? Now you can fit in your workout during your layover! Anyone that spends time at the airport understands that the hours spent there are either wasted or devoted to work. Now some progressive airports are making it possible to fit in your workout during that long layover. The National Personal Training Institute recommends taking advantage of the “Just Plane Fun”, a customer appreciation program provides three types of low-impact stationary bikes for travelers to use in the terminal, free of charge, while waiting for their flights. At the end of the month, I am flying out of Philadelphia for our Family Forward Orlando Adventure, so I will check it out firsthand!
2. I’m not going to lie. One of the few green foods I ate in Mexico was guacamole. I ate it like it was going out of style. I snacked on fruit but I snacked more on margaritas (hey, some had fruit in them!). All joking aside, we had a kitchen where we prepared some of our meals especially breakfast. Lots of eggs, Bran cereal and fruit. I wish I would have brought Quest bars and other snacks to nosh on. Be Well Philly shares 10 Healthy Make-Ahead Snacks that can survive a long train, ride, or plane ride. I am coveting the dark chocolate protein bars!
3. Travel frequently? Freshii founder Matthew Corrin dishes on his unusual travel habits and why they work for optimal health. I don’t think they are too unusual and I’ll be using these health hacks like bringing almonds on the plane, exercising every day, and drinking excessive amounts of water. Travel is so dehydrating!
4. Travel makes me feel GOOD but that doesn’t mean I stop mediating and practicing mindfulness. Here are six ways to feel happy and stay positive…even if your luggage becomes lost, your flight is delayed, or anything else doesn’t go as planned! Use this Tibetan relaxing music next time you find yourself uneasy:
5. I consider myself a well-travelled person but I was excited to discover some new items to bring on my next flight to make travel easier and fun! Purewow shares eight must-have items to bring on your next flight. I co-sign on NEXT ISSUE. I have been a subscriber for almost a year. Best.money.spent.