There has always been something amazing about California Raisins. As a child, I can remember eating them by the handful at my grandmother’s house as she lovingly put spoonfuls of sweet, delicious California Raisins into her famous bread pudding. Since back-to-school season is underway, I love that I can share my love of Californian Raisins with my sons. These Oatmeal Raisin “Power” Bar Bites are perfect for after school snacks and fuel for their extracurriculars and sports!
When my sons get home from school, they are hungry! I don’t want to reach for anything unhealthy so I created a healthy Oatmeal Raisin Bar recipe naturally sweetened with California Raisins. California Raisins come by their sweetness naturally.
With California Raisins, the nutrition label tells a great story: Zero fat, no cholesterol and no added sugar. Plus, raisins offer 9% of your daily fiber and potassium, and 6% of your daily iron. (per quarter cup serving). I feel great serving California Raisins to my growing boys!
You can make these Oatmeal Raisin Bars in minutes and even your kids can join in on the bar making fun! I love that this recipe only calls for ingredients I already have on hand–chia oats, California raisins, butter, honey, whole wheat flour, ground cinnamon and an egg. You can add almonds on top for added crunch & health benefits!
Convenient and portable, California Raisins are a great choice for wholesome, healthy, on-the-go snacking. This is why I made these bars into bites! They are a great value, too! According to the USDA, raisins are the most economical dried fruit. I pack California Raisins for my youngest son’s “working snack time” since they are compact, easy to eat, and healthy.
California Raisins are an all-natural, dried-by-the-sun fruit you can feel good about sending with your kids as they head back to school or offering as an after-school snack. The ingredient list says it all: Raisins. I hope you and your family enjoy these Oatmeal Raisin “Power” Bar Bites!
- 1 cup of California Raisins
- 2 cups of chia oats or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with Pam Spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, egg, honey, and cinnamon until smooth. Add flour, oats, and raisins. Fold in until combined.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Cut into bars or bite size pieces. Press one almond per bite or three almonds per bar.
- You don't need to add sugar because the California Raisins are naturally sweet and the natural honey provides a bit more sweetness.
Visit www.loveyourraisins.com for more information about California Raisins and find California Raisins on Facebook where you can sign up to receive a California Raisins prize pack! Limited supply; while quantities last.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.