The following post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of Skinnygirl.
As a busy mom that is always on the go, it can be hard to make the right decision and choose a healthy snack. This especially rings true when I am craving something more indulgent like ice cream, chips, or cookies. There are times when chocolate peanut butter ice cream, cheesecake, and soft chocolate chip cookies are calling my name or rather screaming it!
Of course, I know what I should do. I should opt for healthier options like an apple with peanut butter (be still my chocolate peanut ice cream loving belly!) or Greek Yogurt with a few semi-sweet chocolate chips thrown in (not a soft chocolate chip cookie but it’ll do!). Most times, especially if I’m on the run, I will eat a nutritional bar that I have stashed in my gym bag or purse. These usually quell the cravings but I’m always looking for other healthier options. Not having a “snack plan” in place can sabotage the best of healthy-eating intentions.
Throughout the month of September, Skinnygirl is encouraging women to swap out their snacks for more healthful options with the Skinnygirl Snack Swap campaign. The Skinnygirl Snack Swap website features a fun tool that asks users to choose their favorite snack and then personally picks healthier options to match that craving. The site has plenty of nutritionist-approved healthy snack recipes, and a social media component to share the snack swap on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #sgsnackswap for a chance to win a $1000 shopping spree at Target!
Instead of Chocolate Sugar cookies try:
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 + 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- 2. In a mixing bowl whisk together pumpkin, egg, and vanilla until well-combined. In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices and chocolate chips. Fold together the wet and dry ingredients until just combined - do not overmix. The cookie dough will be very thick. Taste the dough and add a pinch of salt if needed.
- 3. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets and slightly flatten to the shape you want your cookie. Bake for 12-14 minutes until lightly browned. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for at least 3 minutes and transfer to a wire rack. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
- Nutrition Analysis (per cookie): Calories: 140, Protein 3g, Dietary Fiber 3g
I was excited to try out Skinnygirl Tasty Nutrition Bars to add to my swaps!
Skinnygirl Tasty Nutrition Bars offer all the benefits you want (less than 200 calories, an excellent source of protein and good source of fiber) without compromising on the decadent flavors that you love, like Chocolate Peanut Butter with Sea Salt, Dark Chocolate Pretzel and Banana Oatmeal Dark Chocolate.
The Chocolate Peanut Butter with Sea Salt was my ultimate favorite. It was sweet-tasting, flavorful, and filling for a snack!
Plus, they are gluten free, Kosher and contain no artificial sweeteners or flavors– the perfect way to treat yourself healthy. Skinnygirl Tasty Nutrition Bars are available nationwide at retailers including Target stores, as well as online.
Want to try? Use code SNACKSWAP1 to save $1 on any purchase via this link!
I am excited to host a giveaway of an assortment of Skinnygirl Tasty Nutrition Bars. Yessssss! To enter, use the Rafflecopter below. To be eligible, you must follow Skinnygirl Daily on Facebook and try your own Snack Swap and share your swap on the Skinnygirl Daily Facebook page. You’ll share the link to your swap in the comments below. The giveaway is open to residents of the US only (no PO Boxes). Giveaway ends September 29, 2014. Good luck and I look forward to checking out your swaps!