Overwhelmed with the idea of coming up with quick and easy lunch or snack recipe ideas this holiday season? Or already frustrated thinking of ways to stick to your New Year resolutions of healthier meals for you and your family?Don’t set yourself up for failure with strict New Year’s resolutions after weeks of holiday indulgence. Working in easy snacks and meals using convenient and wholesome products like Minute® Ready to Serve Rice will help ease you into those healthy lifestyle changes to kick the New Year off right. Minute® Ready to Serve Rice products are just the solution you are looking for and I’m so excited they approached me to share a healthy meal for you and your family to enjoy!
The holiday season can be tough (I know it was for me!) with tons of tempting treats around the office or home. If you’re looking for a wholesome option, Minute® Ready to Serve Rice provides easy portion control since it’s conveniently packaged in two individual single-serve cups. Minute® Ready to Serve Rice offers portability and portion control during the holiday season and for your New Year’s resolutions.
Minute® Ready to Serve Rice is an ideal portable solution for a quick mini-meal or snack because you can eat it on-the-go, straight from the cup. In just 60 seconds, you have fully cooked rice with nothing to add for any meal or snack.
Portability especially speaks to me as a working mom with two sons with lots of extracurriculars, sports schedules…dinner time can be hectic! I created a baked fish dish with curry sauce accompanied by Minute® Ready to Serve Rice in under 15 minutes! Minute® Ready to Serve Rice is a great staple to help you snack smarter any time of the day. I was able to store leftovers for my lunch the next day! Everyone has a few go-to products in their desk drawer. Keep Minute® Ready to Serve Rice in your office snack drawer for easy, wholesome desktop dining or snacking on the fly. It’s a versatile product that can be eaten for any meal occasion, from breakfast to dessert to a quick pre or post workout snack.
- 4-4 oz of fresh or frozen cod fillets
- 4 servings Minute® Ready to Serve Rice
- 1 jar of Trader Joe's Curry Simmer Sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 White onion
- 1 Green and 1 red pepper
- Defrost cod filets if frozen.
- Season cod with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Prepare cod filets in oven per instructions (15 minutes in 450 degree oven), grill, or pan fry in extra virgin olive oil.
- Saute peppers and onions in pan with one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare Minute® Ready to Serve Rice per box instructions.
- Plate and top Minute® Ready to Serve Rice with curry simmer sauce. Place cooked cod filets on bed on sauteed onions and peppers.
- Serve hot accompanied by vegetable of your choice.
Some others ideas to consider:
- Mix in a protein and veggie, plus a sauce/seasoning or cheese, for a quick meal.
- Try stirring in staples like peanut butter and honey, and you’ll have a snack that fits any craving.
- A time-saving recipe includes an egg and salsa in your favorite Minute® Ready to Serve Rice variety for a 60 second breakfast option you can pop in the microwave at the office.
Minute® Ready to Serve Rice is available in many varieties including: Whole Grain options of Brown Rice, Brown & Wild Rice and Multi-Grain Medley, Jasmine Rice, White Rice, Chicken Rice Mix, Yellow Rice Mix, and Fried Rice Mix. The newest option, Minute Ready to Serve Black Beans & Rice is ready in just 90 seconds. There’s a flavor for every family member and any meal. Learn more about the different varieties at http://www.minuterice.com/en-US/products/categories/29/ReadytoServeRice.aspx and visit http://bit.ly/1xCMDae for recipes, including Stir-In recipe ideas, and more information about the Minute® Ready to Serve Rice family of products.
What do you think of this Quick Curry Rice with Baked Fish dish?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.