This post is sponsored by Puritan’s Pride; opinions expressed are my own.
Ready for a healthy holiday jump-start? The holiday season is upon us and just in time for the last month of the Puritan’s Pride Superfood Smoothie challenge! It’s easy to indulge over the holidays, but, as you’ll see from my mocktail smoothie recipe, it’s just as easy to take care of ourselves and still enjoy a libation of sorts! That’s why I’m excited to share December’s mocktail recipe ideas with you.
Over these past few months, I’ve been sharing my adventures in smoothie-making with support from Puritan’s Pride and nutritionist Brooke Alpert. Often, smoothies are a wholesome meal replacement, or post-workout replenishment. But, they can be a part of your holiday celebrations, too. Serve these yummy mocktail recipes as a delicious feature of a festive nutritious holiday brunch!
Check out these three mocktail superfood smoothie recipes developed by Brooke Alpert, M.S., R.D., C.D.N., of B Nutritious and author of The Sugar Detox, who works as a paid spokesperson for Puritan’s Pride.
Passion Pear Smoothie
Pears are a source of fiber, vitamin C and vitamin K. The good source of vitamin C may help the immune system! Vitamin K helps support bones.
- 1 pear
- ½ banana
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 8oz almond milk
- ½ cup kale
Cocoa isn’t just a delicious treat! It’s a nutrition powerhouse. Cocoa is a source of antioxidants, which help support numerous facets of health and total-body wellness.
- 1 banana
- 2 pitted medjool dates
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- ½ cup spinach
- 1.5 cups almond milk (or milk of choice)
Spiced Apple Smoothie
Apples do more than just keep the doctor away. These crunchy fall treats are rich sources of fiber and vitamin C. Vitamin C helps support the immune system and fiber supports digestion and heart health. In other words, drink up!
- 1 ½ apples, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup Kale
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup ice cubes
Though I’m on my healthy living journey, I will indulge in some holiday treats here and there. Tis’ the season after all! Lucky for me, I am participating in the Puritan’s Pride Seasonal Smoothie Program and can use their awesome protein powders, supplements, and healthy food products in my smoothies, Puritan’s Pride began over 40 years ago, with the mission of making the finest quality nutritional supplements available at the best value to their customers. This is uber important for a budget-conscious and health-seeking mom and Get Fit Diva like myself. I’m excited to use ingredients from suppliers worldwide that meet their high Quality Assurance Standards, as well as Good Manufacturing Practices food quality standards–foods that I feel good about serving myself and my family.
Here’s my take on Holiday Mocktail Smoothie affectionately named the Peppermint Patty Protein Mocktail, using the following ingredients:
- Dynamic Health Pomegranate Juice Concentrate: Convenient, delicious way to obtain the beneficial compounds in pomegranate fruit.
- Vanns Peppermint Flavor Extract: Few flavors are as distinctly tantalizing as the cool, minty vibrancy of Peppermint Extract. Use in cake, cookies, frosting and ice cream dishes.
- Puritan’s Pride Vitamin C Crystals: Supports antioxidant health and immune system function.* Vitamin C Crystals are specially designed for people who cannot take tablets or capsules.
- Stevia: http://www.puritan.com/puritans-pride-brand-0102/stevia-powder-017682?scid=31273&cmp=pr-_-20141104-_-smoothie
For this recipe I used ice because I wanted a cold refreshing smoothie…up to you if you want to omit!
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Bean Whey Protein
- 2 Tbsp. of Dynamic Health Pomegranate Juice Concentrate
- 1 tsp. of Wanns Spices Peppermint Extract
- 2 cups of crushed ice
- 1 serving of Puritan's Pride Vitamin C Crystals
- *1 1/2 tbsp of NOW Real Food Carob powder
- 6 ounces of almond milk (or milk of your choosing)
- Crushed peppermint for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle with crushed peppermint or other holiday candy.
- *I omitted the Carob powder but next time will add it back in--I wanted a more vanilla and peppermint flavor!
Using the rafflecopter below, you must follow @puritanspride on Twitter, like Puritan’s Pride on Facebook, tweet about the giveaway, and post a smoothie on Instagram using #seasonalsmoothie and #puritanspride hashtags. Good luck!
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.