Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Stayfree via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Stayfree.
My fitness journey has been an arduous one. Gone are the days of hours of cardio…now I partake in activities like yoga and Pilates to build strength, help my peace of mind, and aid in my flexibility. Yoga and Pilates can be an integral component of any healthy lifestyle routine. Whether I go to the studio or conduct my practice in my home, I always feel better taking time to respect my body and open my mind.
To say I love my yoga practice is an understatement. Finding a yoga studio with incredible instructors near my home has been amazing. I am also lucky that my local gym offers Pilates. However on the days I cannot make it to the gym (read: the life of a busy working mom of two), I can easily unroll my yoga mat, grab my block, and find mindfulness.
Practicing yoga at home doesn’t have to be difficult. You don’t need a full in-home gym! Here are some tips that can help you bring your yoga practice into your home:
- Set an intention – Before starting your practice, set an intention to visualize and create the results you desire. Intentions are personal and can be about forgiveness, gratitude..anything you wish. By taking a few moments before your practice to set an intention it can make the world of difference to your mind and body.
- Choose a comfortable place – I like to be in the cheeriest and brightest room in my house especially during the winter months so the sun can pour in on me. In my parlor, I am surrounded by my favorite art, pictures of my family, and our dog Yoda is usually nearby. All you really need is a space large enough to unroll your mat and that you feel at ease in.
- Your yoga = your time – I sneak in my practice whenever I can. Practicing yoga in the morning can definitely keep your energy levels high during the day but yoga can refresh your mind and release stress ANY TIME of the day! With consistent yoga you will see results versus the occasional practice.
- KYYS – Keep Your Yoga Simple! Same rules at the studio apply here. You don’t need to wear makeup and you should wear comfortable clothing.
- Be gentle – I am not a certified yoga instructor so I am gentle with my body and I listen to it. Be sure to do some warm up exercises before delving in. Respect your body and do your poses gently.
StayFree Ultra Thin liners are a fitness must-have. It is important to be feel confident and protected while you are in downward dog.
New year, new you! Yoga is an integral part of a healthy lifestyle and who better to lead the yoga-lution than you. Inspired by athletic wear, Stayfree® pads feature flexible layers that move with your body from child’s pose to side crow. Visit http://www.stayfree.com/ to find which product best fits you or visit our Facebook to learn more about our mission. Also, don’t forget to use your Stayfree® purchase to get a 30-Day membership to My Yoga on Gaiam TV and access FREE yoga classes online now through March 12!