Ok technically it isn’t Friday. It’s Saturday! ::weekend dance:: Yes, I’m late like the White Rabbit but I felt a bit like Alice In Wonderland this week! Work, life, and “balancing it all” almost did me in but I did it all and I’m excited for the weekend. This Friday Five is a bit more “me” centric so it is more like an accountability post/check in with a few goodies for you! Enjoy!
1. See, if I wasn’t late with my Friday Five I wouldn’t be able to wish you Happy Pi Day on this actual once in a lifetime event! This year’s Pi Day is more special than you know!
We will also have a Pi instant! Be still my inner math geek! I’ll be thinking of circles all day.
[Tweet “Happy Pi Day (and Happy Birthday, Einstein)! “]
2. This week I crushed goals. I walked a minimum of 10k steps a day and I found time to be active everyday and had a great running session, Zumba Toning, kickboxing, a Badonkadonk treadmill routine, cleaned and organized my second floor of my house….overall just a great week filled with variety and workouts I like to do!
3. Eating on fleek! My eating has been on point since I started using MyFitnessPal again. My Weight Watchers subscription runs out next month and although I lost on this plan, I need to focus on my nutrition more and MyFitnessPal helps me to do that. I have been more conscious of my carb and protein intake and I’m watching my fat intake as well. I also reported a loss as well and my belly bloat is going away slowly. I only imbibed once a week (last night was sushi night) and I’m sure that helped too.
Here are some of the dinners I prepared for the fam this week:
- Homemade veggie pizzas on whole wheat crust and salads
- Eggplant parm, cavatelli and broccoli, and garlic bread
- Grilled Turkey cutlets, orzo blend, chopped kale
- Teriyaki salmon, grilled polenta, and brussel sprouts
4. Sad news… I’m deferring my entry for my upcoming half marathon because…Paris.
I’ll be visiting Paris this Spring (squeal!) and I don’t want to train while I am there. Honestly, I haven’t really wanted to train while I’m here and I don’t think I would finish without injury, tears, or a combination of both. I was not dedicated to my ten weeks of training. My heart just haven’t been in running lately. I’m still trying to figure out if running is for me. I am not going to let it get me down especially after such an awesome week.
[Tweet “Have you ever visited Paris in the Spring?”]
5. I love a fab event! Here are two events to put on your radar!
- A Curvy Convention presented by Chastity Garner of GarnerStyle and Cece Olisa of Plus Size Princess, CurvyCon is a one day curvy convention in NYC on June 20th. Mark your calendars. Plan ahead. This event will sell out (trust me!). Speakers include: Gabi Fresh, Marie Denee of The Curvy Fashionista, Alexandra Thomas of Learning to be Fearless, Chante’ Burkett of Everything Curvy & Chic, Amanda Allison of I’m Fashionably Late, Crissle West of The Read Podcast and many many more! This curvy woman plans on being in attendance.
- Ready for the ultimate fitness experience for women? The Be Well Philly Boot Camp will return to the Drexel Recreation Center on Saturday, June 6th, with a whole new lineup of fitness classes, inspirational speakers, chef-led cooking demos, marketplace vendors and more.