Spring has sprung! This week alone in the Northeast, we’ve experienced snow and temperatures in the 60s. Bizarre but I’ll take it! Here is some Spring inspiration for your weekend!
1. Two words: Ernestine Shephard.
Ernestine Shepherd was the oldest competitive female bodybuilder in the world, as declared by the Guinness Book of World Records in 2010 and 2011. At 78, Ernestine Shepherd is in better shape than most people, decades her junior and redefines aging. Up at 3 a.m. every morning, she spends her days running, lifting weights and working out. She also works as a certified personal trainer at her gym. Ernestine is a true testament that whatever season in life you are in, you can be active and promote good physical AND mental health while staying gracious, humble, and give back to others.
2. Spring is an opportunity to get re-energized and refocused in all areas of your life. To help you spring into your healthiest, happiest self, Institute for Integrative Nutrition created a step-by-step guide with some simple steps you can get started with right away. Learn how to cleanse your life inside and out in just one day!
3. Do you remember the aerobics craze and Tae Bo? Heck, I still have my Tae Bo DVDs! We’ve come a long way in fitness. 100 Years of Fitness showcases ‘keep fit’ fads and movements from the 1910s to the current day. Watch 100 years in fitness trends in 100 seconds!
P.S. I’m bringing back the hula hoop in a BIG way.
4. According to this PopSugar article, it’s easy for any woman to lose sight of her own authentic path and her most — what she requires to lead a satisfying and balanced life. Check out these 10 habits of happy, well-balanced women…how many of these things do you do?
5. Here’s some good news for this GET FIT DIVA…I’ve been chosen as a Premier Protein Ambassador. ::squeal:: As a fitness fanatic and believer of protein, I was chosen to be one of 20 ambassadors to inspire, motivate, and educate my community on the power of protein! I also will receive a grant to further my fitness education. Make sure you are following my tweets and Instagram posts and the hashtags #MyGoodEnergy and #PremierProtein! Before applying, I hemmed and hawed thinking I wasn’t good enough. GET FIT DIVAs, take a chance and believe in your worth. I’m glad I did!
I’m thrilled to announce I’ve been selected as an Ambassador for @premierprotein – the awesome line of shakes, smoothies, bars, and powders packed with protein, not sugar and calories! I just got in a killer kettlebell workout and a treadmill session and I devoured this Peanut Butter Caramel bar! Nom Nom Nom! #MyGoodEnergy #sponsored #selfie #fitfluential #happiness #premierprotein
I’m excited to work with Premier Protein!
To my GET FIT DIVAs celebrating Easter, I wish you and your loved ones the renewal of love, happiness and life. Have a blessed and wonderful Easter!
(illustration by Martina Pavlova Illustration)