It’s Friday! There’s just something about the start of the weekend that makes me feel a lot of love. But with love sometimes comes pain. This week was amazing in many ways for me personally but my heart was heavy with all that is going on in the world especially the Charleston church shooting and the “social cleaning” in the Dominican Republic. Even when our minds are full with injustices, we have to remain positive, become the change we want to see in the world, and continue on our journeys to be our happiest and healthiest selves. It is hard…but I encourage you to keep loving your body despite the influx of extreme emotions. I am sending you all love and light…
Here is the Friday Five to inspire you especially with self-love:
1. Who else is better than supermodel Emme is better than giving tips on how to love your body? Nobody! Emme shares exactly how she learned to feel so confident in her own body–and how we could do the same. My biggest takeaway from Emme’s tips:
Thank your body for everything that it does for you; do it upon rising, and before you go to bed, for the miles it walks each day to and from work, the lifting of the hundreds of grocery bags, children, furniture, dogs in and out of cars. Thank it for the millions of times it breathes, allowing you to see sunsets and moonlit evenings, to squeal with joy on the back of a jet ski. Let #BodyGratitude be top of mind on social media. And when you achieve miraculous physical feats—be they athletic or wheeling yourself across a platform for your graduation ceremony—be grateful that your body’s made it happen. No matter how big or small, our bodies do miraculous things.
2. My friend Kelly of No Thanks To Cake is not only a beautiful woman but an incredible soul. Not only has motivated me but Kelly introduced me to overnight oats. Her story (which includes a 70+ pound weight loss) was featured on Yahoo Health (you go woman!) and I hope Kelly story reaches many on their healthy living journeys!
3. Sexy at any size! My friends over at Essence shared curvy girl Instagrammers that we should be following! I’m all over adding these amazing women doing the darn thang! And a special hey boo hey to the incredible Marie Denee! She is such a rockstar and game-changer.
4. Frustrated? Personal trainer and blogger Sophie Kay is making headlines after a Tumblr post in which she debunked fitness myths and proved that those inspiring “before and after” pics on Instagram can actually be quite deceiving.
5. Are you ready to manifest your vision? My sisterfriend (and one of my s-heroes) Kimberly of Manifest Yourself is hosting a transformative day on July 8th in NYC for women to create a vision for their lives! Incredible! Details are below (and trust me you will want to be part of her inaugural Manifest Your Vision event):