Ahh, the changing of the…bag! It doesn’t come with much fanfare like the changing of the guards but changing from my summer gym bag to my fall bag is a huge deal. Well, to me at least! Since I am doing more hot yoga and training runs for my half marathon, inside my gym bag reflects this and is my multi-purpose bag filled with items that fuel my day from morning to evening.
INSIDE MY GYM BAG
Just like switching your summer wardrobe to your fall and winter wardrobe, I believe your fall gym bag transitions as well. Having a packed gym bag takes the guesswork and procrastination out of hitting the gym. I’m not worried that I forgot something or that I’ll be late . Getting organized in advance means I’ll make my workout. Less worry = more working out and crushing goals!
Wondering what’s in my gym bag? Let’s take a look!
- Yoga Mat – I have quite a few (read: many) yoga mats but this is one of my favorites and was a gift from my Mister.
- Cleansing Cloths – I like to work out in a make-up less face which may prove to not be my prettiest but I don’t want any skin issues.
- Gym gloves – No one wants callouses and these gloves prevent this and is a barrier between the weights and me.
- LARABAR – LARABAR is a go-to snack that helps maintain a healthy and active lifestyle. Packing one (ok, two!) LARABAR is an important part of my arsenal of items to keep me active, healthy, and more importantly happy.
- Water Bottle – This was my O.G. of water bottles and my old logo. I still rock it. I might have to bring that logo back.
- First Aid kit – Safety first. Maybe it’s that ever-present mom in me but a first aid kit is a must.
- Mat cleaner – Funk be gone! Renew your mat with a mat cleaner right after class instead of putting it off because chances are, you’ll forget!
- Headband – All this “hurrr” needs to held back so I’m concentrating on my class and not how Diana Ross big my hair is getting.
Yes! These are a few of my favorite things. The essentials! My bag wouldn’t be complete without a post workout snack. LARABAR was created from the belief that the foundation of a sound mind, body and spirit comes from what you eat. Eating a LARABAR after I practice yoga or after a training run helps me reach my fitness goals and sustain energy.
How do you stay fueled post-workout?
At LARABAR®, we believe that the foundation of a sound mind, body and spirit is derived from what you eat – and what you eat is most delicious and satisfying when it’s in a whole, natural state.