The best part of having Yoda as part of our family is growing together. Yoda keeps us healthy and happy. Rescuing Yoda was such a huge milestone for our family and we are looking at rescuing another dog. When searching for a new dog, it’s easy to fall for a cute, cuddly puppy but it makes me terribly sad to know that there are older pets just as adorable and friendly looking for adoptive families. November is Adopt a Senior Pet Month and is important to consider senior dogs. They make a great pet for many reasons:10 Reasons To Adopt A Senior Dog Click To Tweet
10 Reasons To Adopt A Senior Pet
- Older dogs usually come trained and understand at least basic commands.
- What you see is what you get (size, personality, training)! Senior dogs at shelters need homes just as badly as younger dogs.
- Adopting an older dog may save its life.
- Older dogs are not necessarily “problem dogs” as many tend to think.
- Older dogs make instant companions.
- Less frequent and easier vet trips since all shots current, already altered, etc.
- Giving an older dog a second chance at a new beginning.
- You both will learn new tricks–older dogs are just as smart as young ones.
- Caring for a senior pet in its final years is fulfilling in more ways than one.
- They are adorable!
As we think about rescuing another dog, I can only think about making him or her as happy and healthy as we have with Yoda. This means walks around the neighborhood, lots of games of fetch, and feeding our new dog Rachael Ray Nutrish.
For Rachael food equals love — whether she’s cooking a meal for friends or working with pet nutrition experts to create delicious recipes for your family’s furry companions. Every Rachael Ray Nutrish food and treat recipe is made with simple ingredients like real meat and wholesome veggies, so they’re naturally delicious.
What’s even better? 100% of Rachael’s personal proceeds from sales of Nutrish have gone toward food, medical supplies and treatments for animals in need.
In the next coming months, we have a lot to decide. We know another dog will keep us happy, healthy, and active. I would love another walking and jogging partner! And don’t forget to join the Nutrish fun on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Are you looking to adopt a pet? Would you consider a senior dog?