Be still my seafood-loving heart. Yes, I would love to make my coveted crab cakes with breadcrumbs, milk, mayonnaise, eggs but the way my healthy living lifestyle is set up….I decided to make a lightened version: Low Carb Crab Cakes with A Lemon Pepper Garlic Aioli. And no I did not forget the Old Bay Seasoning!
Since I work from home most of the time, I have the luxury of preparing my brekkies and lunches when I can. An added bonus is when the husband is home. We can burn in the kitchen together and whip up a tasty meal. Hey, we get our dates on whenever we can! These are the easiest crab cakes we’ve made and it is adapted from Better Recipes. If you want crab cakes that are filled with crab, amazing flavor, AND low carb this is for you!
This recipe definitely makes four good-sized servings. Coupled with a mixed field greens salad or you can lettuce as a bun, you have a filling and delicious meal that is protein-packed AND under 350 calories. Check out this meaty goodness!
Low Carb Crab Cakes with A Lemon Pepper Garlic Aioli
- 3 Large Egg Whites, whisked
- 2 Tbsp of Reduced-Fat Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Horseradish Mustard
- ¼ cup Red and Orange Bell Peppers, chopped
- 2 tsp Chives, chopped
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 lb Blue Crab Meat (I used North Coast Seafood)
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Italian Parsley
- ½ Tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- Salt, to taste
- Read more: http://lowcarb.betterrecipes.com/low-carb-crackin-crab-cakes.html#ixzz3xjiXWkQj
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine first 8 ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Fold in crab meat.
- *Note: the mixture will be loose but will firm up when eggs are cooked.
- Form crab mixture into 4 cakes.
- Place on plate.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add the oil to pan.
- Fry about a minute or so until golden brown on bottom.
- Flip and place in oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crab cake are firm to touch.
- Meanwhile, combine aioli ingredients and serve with crab cakes.
- *You can use the juice of one lemon in the aioli if you wish.