Nothing beats a cup of hot chocolate on a blustery cold day. It is the perfect winter treat! What better way to celebrate National Hot Chocolate Day on January 31st than with Premier Protein’s Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate!
So what’s the background on this holiday? Each year on this holiday, people across the country enjoy honoring their favorite cold weather comfort drink. According to Foodimentary here are five things to know about hot chocolate:
- What’s the difference between Hot Chocolate and Hot Cocoa? Hot Chocolate uses milk or milk chocolate while Hot Cocoa uses only powdered cocoa
- The first hot chocolate was Mayan, and it was served with chili peppers!
- In Spain, hot chocolate with churros is considered a working man’s breakfast.
- Hot chocolate has antioxidants and flavoanols, very healthy nutrients. Just skip the sugar.
- Chocolate is the 3rd most traded commodity in the world. 1st is oils, 2nd is coffee.
This recipe is a creamy blend of simple ingredients packed with 30g of protein from Premier Protein’s Chocolate Shake. When you have a craving for a warm chocolate treat, this easy recipe can be whipped up in minutes so you can enjoy every last drop without any guilt.Celebrate National Hot Chocolate Day with a @PremierProtein Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate! Click To Tweet
How will you celebrate National Hot Chocolate Day?
Disclosure: As a Premier Protein Ambassador, I share good energy of Premier Protein through sponsored posts and social shares. All opinions are 100% my own.