Be still, my fitness wearable loving heart. Today, Fitbit unveiled the Fitbit Blaze™ smart fitness watch, its “smartest, most stylish, most motivating fitness tracker yet.” The latest addition to Fitbit’s line of innovative devices, Fitbit Blaze is available today for presale with global retail availability starting in March 2016. Fitbit Blaze is a smart fitness watch built to help you make the most of your workouts, with a versatile design to fit your personal style, and the smart notifications that matter most – all in one sleek timepiece that fits seamlessly into your life.
I have loved the Fitbit brand and although I don’t wear my Flex (my oldest son now uses it daily), I still coveted their Charge HR and now their Fitbit Blaze looks like it is going to change the game. I now wear an Apple Watch which I received for Christmas after wearing a Polar M400 so I’m not sure if I may pre-order the Blaze or not. It looks A LOT like the Apple Watch.Is the new @Fitbit Blaze the #AppleWatch killer for #fitness lovers? Click To Tweet
Here’s the skinny on the Fitbit Blaze:
- Enhanced fitness features like FitStar™ by Fitbit® on-screen workouts, Connected GPS, PurePulse® heart rate tracking, and SmartTrack™ automatic exercise recognition help motivate and push your fitness further
- Focus on style featuring a slim design, easily interchangeable bands and frames, and a beautiful, color touchscreen with a variety of clock faces to fit your personal style
- Curated to fit your life and focused on the features that make tracking your health and fitness easier, Fitbit Blaze includes the smart notifications that matter most, like call, text and calendar alerts, so you can stay connected to what’s important, and a long battery life of up to 5 days allows you to keep up with your life, day and night
According to Fitbit, these new features to help you take your workouts to the next level:
- FitStar Personal Trainer on-screen workouts deliver guided instructions and animated images to three of the most popular personal trainer workouts from FitStar: Warm It Up (8 minutes), 7 Minute Workout, and 10 Minute Abs. Each workout is free and can be accessed at any time with no app or smartphone required, offering a fast, effective workout you can do anywhere.
- Connected GPS helps you train smarter by delivering real-time exercise stats like distance, pace and minute-mile split times when connected to a smartphone’s GPS. After each workout, stats sync wirelessly to the Fitbit dashboard to let you review your route, speed and elevation in more detail.
- PurePulse continuous, wrist-based heart rate tracking helps maximize any training routine with simplified heart rate zones to help you maintain workout intensity and better track calories burned during each workout. PurePulse also provides all-day insights into overall health, including resting heart rate and heart rate trends over time, all without an uncomfortable chest strap.
- Multi-sport mode lets you record specific activities like biking, cardio, running, weights, yoga and more while providing relevant, real-time performance stats to help you get the most out of each workout. PurePulse is enhanced while in Multi-sport mode for even better heart rate tracking, especially during high intensity workouts.
- SmartTrack automatic exercise recognition automatically recognizes and records continuous movement activities like biking, hiking and running, with general categories for aerobic workouts (i.e., Zumba®, cardio-kickboxing and other dance classes) and sports (i.e., tennis, basketball and soccer). It gives you more ways to stay motivated and get credit for your workouts by effortlessly recording them in the Fitbit app and automatically adding them toward weekly exercise goals.
Overall, I am giddy about the Fitbit Blaze. The notifications, smart tracking (it knows what you’re doing without), sleep tracking, long battery life of up to 5 days, and price point is enough for me to consider it but I want to give my Apple Watch more of a go before pre-ordering.
Are you at CES? Visit the Fitbit booth to see the new Fitbit Blaze and experience the entire Fitbit family of connected health and fitness products – Tech West: Sands Expo at The Venetian, Level 2, #74108.