In a blink, February is almost gone. Life is GOOD right now. ::knocks on every wood surface in my home:: I am so grateful and it has been too long (read: September wowee zowee) since I shared some things I’ve been LOVING on. So here are 20 things I’m hooked, savoring, and enamored with. What are you loving right now?
- Socially conscious episodes on TV like this week’s BLACKISH – As a mom of two raising two biracial sons, it is hard to address difficult issues and I am thankful for shows like BLACKISH that tackle injustices and address important issues my family faces.
2. At-home workouts with Booya Fitness – Booya Fitness makes it easy for me to get my workout on when I can’t make it to the gym. And it adds variety to my weekly workouts with classes across 20 categories? YASSSSS. Ready to try it out for yourself? Register here (affiliate link)
3. Launching my passion project The Fervency, for women in social, tech, and PR who want to lead multi-passionate lives. The site is a great resource for ALL women and includes access to my free ebook on unlocking your passions and two life planner worksheets. Go.now.download. and tell me what you think!Stuck in a rut? Check out @TheFervency and visit thefervency.com for a free ebook and life planner to unlock your passions! Click To Tweet
4. Speaking more frequently. I used to speak a few times a year and life happened. This week I spoke at Social Media Week for Advancing Women: Leadership In Social and it was great to share my experiences and learning lessons with other communicators.
5. ALL of Nothin’ But cookies and bars – The folks at Nothin’ But sent me some samples and they are mostly gone. SO delicious and the ones with chocolate helped tremendously during TOM when I wanted to eat all the chocolate and even the Keebler Elves that make them. All except two Nothin’ But barsand one of those two may be half eaten. I keep it real.
6. My new exercise air spin bike. It came a day early (squeal!) and I can’t wait to put it together. I fell in LOVE with it at one of my exercise studios and when I found out I could splurge afford it, I treated ma’self.
7. ::sings:: Me and My TEXTURE app – Every week for 2-3 hours (usually not in one sitting), I just delve in and read magazines of.all.kinds. It is bliss.
8. ETSY remains BAE – I know, I know nobody is using BAE anymore but indulge me. I love scouring Etsy for scour finds for my husband’s milestone Star Wars themed party to burnout workout shirts to things like unicorns, taxidermy (don’t judge), and handmade tchotkes.
9. That basketball season is ending for the boys and LACROSSE season is gearing up – Nothing beats cheering my boys on outside during LAX.
10. Photoshoots! -Last week I shot with THE Nikki Gomez for new headshots, ran into THE Clinton Kelly on the streets of Manhattan, and just felt fabulous. I also sported the newest in Katie K Active activewear–I am in love with their new Rush Hour print! You can score an additional 15% off with promo code GETFITDIVA15 so shop away!
11. Protein pancakes – I am sharpening my Premier Protein making pancake skills. ‘Nuff said. Don’t miss the Premier Protein Share Good Energy giveaway! Visit the link and share this offer with your friends and get a free bar or shake sample.Don't miss the @PremierProtein Share Good Energy Giveaway! https://www.premierproteinpromos.com/ShareGoodEnergyGiveaway/?utm_source=TA%20-%20Aliah%20Davis&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Ambassadors #ad #MyOneMore Click To Tweet
12. Girls Nights’ and Days – I am grateful to have a fab sisterhood circle. We workout together, go out dancing, have Thai food, try new things, laugh, joke, help and support one another…#thankful.
13. Empowering videos celebrating EVERY TYPE OF BODY – When I started (The) Get Fit Diva, it was about my weight loss journey. Now I’m more aware that my life isn’t defined by a number on the scale but being active, healthy and happy. Videos like these make me feel THRILLED to be a part of a more body-positive movement.
14. Baby, bend over. Let me see you do that yoga. – I have been going to hot yoga 1-2 times per week and loving it. Did you know yoga boosts brain function? Then I must be operating at near Einstein like levels! ::smile::
Image via: Yoga Boosts Brain Function
15. Getting ready for our trip to London and Paris! – I get to go to Paris again!?! Pinch me. Yes, I feel like the luckiest woman alive and I get to bring my boys to my favorite city and London for the first time. We are counting down the days.
16. Working with the American Heart Association on their #FamilyIsWhy #LifeIsWhy campaign – Everyone has a reason to live healthier, longer life. FAMILY is my reason. What’s you reason? You can join other moms uniting for change on Facebook!
17. Planning my dream kitchen – Just when I thought I was done with the money pit…I just love looking at kitchen remodel projects. It might not happen in this house but black stainless steel appliances, French country distressed cabinets, and wide plank floors excite me.
19. New workout playlists! – I have Coldplay, Beyonce, Rihanna, and even Justin Beiber on my new workout playlist. I love working out to my favorite tunes…and listening to Fit Radio and Spotify adds to the enjoyment. Work, work, work, work….
20. Spending date lunches and more date nights with my Mister – We’ve been sneaking away for lunches at places I wanted to visit like Clean Plate Kitchen. Despite our busy schedules, we are making time for US.