Woot woot! It’s Friday. What a crazy/beautiful/fabulous week! How was your week? I can’t wait to get my weekend started. Lots of lacrosse fun (proud LAX mom), definitely going to see Allegiant, and getting ready for a busy work week. Here are five articles I found around the Interwebz that really rocked my world ( a few are BODY POSITIVE). Hope it rocks yours too!
Friday Five – Body Positive, Workout Trends, and More
- The internet is freaking out over Nadia Aboulhosn on the cover of Women’s Running Magazine and I know why….she’s amazeballs. Duh!
Blogger, influencer, fashion designer, and totally one of my #girlcrush -es, Nadia is showing fitness at every size and shape. Exactly what GET FIT DIVA promotes! She runs 3-4 times a week, strength trains, and looks amazing whilst doing so. She is definitely showing how us all to be body positive and practice self-love. So go check out this month’s issue…I know I am!All bodies can be healthy, and all bodies deserve to be everywhere. Click To Tweet
2. Fitness trends and workout crazes have been around for thousands of years. Check out these workout trends and outfits from every decade! They really took me back. Oh how I would rock a pair of leg warmers while jazzercising or doing the Jane Fonda workout and join the Women’s League of Health and Beauty movement of the 1930s. ::sings:: What a feeling!
3. Mind BLOWN. I am not a fan of step aerobics but I may have to give it a try after seeing this.
4. Several types of gentle Chinese exercise have been found to lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels. Here are the many benefits of Tai Chi (and those of similar practices) via Consumer Reports.
5. On a serious note, us women should prepare for the worst when running alone. After she was randomly attacked while running, Jennifer Cutrona created a bra to make sure other women weren’t left without a way to defend themselves. The “booby trap bra”, a bra that can hold pepper spray or a knife, is a new self-defense bra that could save your life. Would you wear one? You can find them on her website, here.