It’s Fri-yay! Due to unused snow days, the boys have a five-day weekend and as soon as my work day is over I am excited to join them in quality time and also remembering the true meaning of this holiday weekend. The last few weeks have been crazy!
Here are five articles, videos, and more from the Interwebz to help you power through the work day:
- You might have been living under a rock if you missed Candace Payne (Chewbacca Mom) break the Internet in a GOOD way. I laughed so hard when I saw it. There have been endless articles about why it makes people happy to watch Candace Payne, her laugh, and her joy over a simple mask bought at Kohl’s…it is because we all want that simplicity, that happiness, and I was quite overjoyed that this made someone so happy–especially after she couldn’t find yoga pants to help in her healthier living journey. Go Candace!
2. It’s important to know: if you are going to drink, what is your healthiest option? If you are wondering what libations are the healthiest, Mind Body Green has you covered.
Wondering what to expect at City Fit Girls FitRetreat in 2016? Check it out below!
- All-day fitness sessions led by the Tri-State Region’s best trainers & instructors
- Cooking demonstrations & healthy eating workshops with registered dietitians, local chefs, & nutrition experts
- Pampering with local businesses that specialize in skincare, wellness, and massage therapy
- Brunch + mimosas included for post-workout fuel
- Shopping and resources from local vendors
- VIP Experience for a limited amount of ticket holders – includes all of the above plus exclusive perks
Tickets for FitRetreat 2016 will go on sale on Monday, May 30 at 9:15AM. There will be a limited amount of VIP tickets available.Who is coming with me for @cityfitgirls #FitRetreat?!! #fitness #fun #Philly Click To Tweet
4. If you don’t read anything else today, read this. My Nellie at Brooklyn Active Mama keeps it REAL. She has great tips to handle anxiety and get through days when your “anxiety is on fleek”!
5. Torn….what do you think of food-themed footwear? Nike’s Starbucks Sneaker is the latest in food themed-footwear. Consumerist has the deets.