This post was sponsored by Jenny Craig as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, and all opinions expressed are my own.
It’s September, one of my favorite months. It means back-to-school, the beginning of pumpkin spice everythang, and starting anew. I know I’m not the only mom that is excited for back-to-school. I’m taking this time to re-focus on my healthy living goals. Being invited to the Jenny Craig Tasting Event at the Institute for Culinary Education was the perfect way to jumpstart my September. At the Tasting Event, I was able to learn more about Jenny Craig Meals and Snacks with Fresh & Free Additions. Now, this is where I keep it 100…
I have NEVER tried Jenny Craig food before.
So, I was going into this event completely unbiased. Sure, I have heard of other people’s experiences but I came in with an open mind (and stomach). This fall, Jenny Craig is introducing new menu items including: Butternut Squash Ravioli, a Garden Vegetable Frittata, Chicken Street Tacos, Fiesta Chicken & Rice, Szechuan Shrimp and more. This was the perfect opportunity for me to try Jenny Craig food for the first time.
This was my first time at the Institute of Culinary Education and it is a beautiful space.
The event was filled with Jenny Craig staff, nutritionists, and bloggers wanting to know more about the program. Here are 5 things you need to know about Jenny Craig that I learned at the Tasting Events:
- Spiralize spiralize SPIRALIZE! I am already a big fan of spiralizing vegetables but I added some new tips to add to my arsenal. Adding fruits, veggies, and dairy is your Jenny Craig entrees in encouraged for nutritional balance and variety!
- Every member of the Jenny Craig program is paired with a dedicated personal consultant (a unique program component, and an important key to Jenny Craig success). By working with a consultant, you learn how to add fresh additions to keep you fuller longer and with less calories.
- Practicing mindfulness really works. During the event, we took a moment to pause. Since some meals I’m eating standing up or even at my desk, it is important to practice mindful eating. Through the guidance of a structured program, Jenny Craig teaches you how to incorporate quality, whole ingredients that form the basis for lasting success – and a healthier life!
- You can spice things up with Jenny Craig foods by adding fresh herbs, spices, seasonal vegetables. I love this idea because I am HUGE on favor and love experimenting in the kitchen.
- With Jenny Craig there is no eliminating of food groups. No counting or tracking. (Um, sign me up?!!)
This event wasn’t all about tasting great food. We also prepared healthy dishes. I prepared a watermelon, arugula & feta salad. YUM!
By far, my favorite dishes were the butternut squash ravioli and the frittata.
The butternut squash raviolis just scream Fall and it was tasty with just the right amount of sweetness and savory. Eating this well and being surrounded by other bloggers in a beautiful space made for a fab evening.
Lucky for me, Jenny Craig sent me some of the new menu items for me to try at home!
I absolutely loved the frittata (like I did at the Tasting Event) and paired it with an apple for breakfast! The frittata has so much flavor–garlicky and spicy.
I’m glad I was able to try Jenny Craig. For over 30 years, the Jenny Craig program has provided support and structure to help members lose weight and learn how to keep it off while eating 6 times a day (3 entrees with 3 snacks) with nearly 100 delicious entrées, desserts, and snacks, as well as one-on-one personal support from a consultant in center, via video chat, or over the phone. Being able to learn firsthand about their program and how to add fresh ingredients to their entrees really opened my eyes to an option for my healthy living journey.