Disclosure: This is a sponsored post compensated by Blog Meets Brand. All opinions are experiences are 100% my own.
It’s a new year! I embraced 2017 with open arms and with renewed optimism to crush my fitness goals. I have already signed up for personal training sessions and a work fitness/health challenge. I also registered for a spring 8K with my husband with hopes of PR-ing last year’s time. Like most people, I made an ambitious list of resolutions but I don’t want to be stressed out about my resolutions! Here are 5 tips to avoid new year “stress-olutions” to reach your goals:
- Finding a supportive gym environment – The gym can be a place of great support for your goals. Enter: Planet Fitness. Planet Fitness fosters a Judgement Free Zone® – a non-intimidating, hassle-free, welcoming environment that makes everyone feel comfortable. Planet Fitness focuses on general fitness and caters to “everyday people” – first time or occasional gym users versus fitness fanatics or body builders. There aren’t any high pressure sales people. There are more than 1,200 locations in 47 states– to find a club near you, visit: http://planetfitness.com/local-clubs.
- Meet like-minded people – Working out alone can be daunting. Finding a workout buddy or a tribe (like my Zumba Tuesday crew or my running buddies) can help with your goals. We keep each other accountable. And hello tribe…Planet Fitness has more than 8.7 million members. Planet of Triumphs (http://www.PlanetofTriumphs.com) provides an online platform for members to recognize their triumphs (big or small), share their stories and encourage others, reinforcing the Company’s belief that ‘everyone belongs.’
- Fitness doesn’t have to be expensive – To add to the stress of committing to resolutions towards healthier living, we often think we need gyms are too pricey. At Planet Fitness, new members can join any location from Jan. 1 – 11 for just a $1 down (enrollment fee) and $10 a month thereafter, no commitment.Planet Fitness has revolutionized the fitness industry with extremely low prices (memberships starting at just $10) and offers a variety of benefits including a hassle-free environment called the Judgement Free Zone®, brand name cardio and strength equipment, fully equipped locker rooms, flat screen televisions, unlimited small group fitness instruction by a certified trainer through the pe @ pf® program, and much more. Unlimited fitness training is included in all memberships. Find a club near you: http://planetfitness.com/local-clubs
- Get it in when you can – We are all so busy and trust me, this working mom knows you have to get in a workout when you can! Gyms like Planet Fitness accommodate our busy lives. Many clubs are open and staffed 24/7. All clubs have spacious locker rooms and friendly staff. This can put your mind at ease when you think you can’t fit fitness into your everyday routine. Getting in thirty minutes of activity a day seems a bit more attainable when you have the flexibility and support you need.
- Have fun! – Just because you may have a list of resolutions, doesn’t mean you don’t have to have fun accomplishing your goals. Treat yourself to something nice like a new yoga mat or a new workout tee with an inspiring saying to celebrate your small wins and big ones! And don’t forget to tell people about your accomplishments. Planet Fitness provides members with an opportunity to connect and support each other with “Planet of Triumphs,” an online community that celebrates all accomplishments and inspirational stories of Planet Fitness members. This will be your place to connect and celebrate!