This has been quite the year. Like a no-good horrible year tossed in a too-blessed-to-be-stressed sauce. But this Gemini is bent but NEVER broken.
As we enter (drumroll please) Gemini season, I reflect on the year’s past because I treat my birthday like New Year’s. Not with all the pomp and circumstance (and noise makers) but I like to kick off my bornday with things I tended to neglect and with resolutions to do better.
Here are five things I want to do more, in short order this summer…
- GARDEN – Last year I was looking at hobby farms because I’ve always wanted to farm. It may seem funny because I’m a true city girls, have love-hate-hate relationship with creepy crawlies but growing up my mom had an amazing garden. I remember garden free tomatoes, eggplants…and she was a working mom. I always wanted to do the same but it never quite panned out. Nor did my dreams of a hobby farm. For Mother’s Day, my wonderful/amazing sons fulfilled one of my dreams. Now…what to plant?!
- GOLF – I live literally on a golf course. Green fees are part of my HOA fees. I have never golfed at our golf course. So I am going to buy a cute little golf outfit, buy some used left handed clubs, and ride around in a gold cart. I have five years of golfing to catching up on. If you have any golf tips….let me know. I am excited to embark on my golf journey.
- MOVIE NIGHTS (and binge watching of every.single.damn.TV.show I want) – I love watching TV but the way my work schedule was set up…I missed so many great shows and movies. G.H. Cretors popcorn must have heard my plea because they sent over their artisanal popcorn–the perfect snacks for at home movie nights. The G.H. Cretors Popped Corn is a line of obsessively delicious flavors ranging in bold, craveable favorites. G.H. Cretors uses Non-GMO popcorn and other Non-GMO ingredients whenever possible, and has a line of organic offerings as well. The Mix (cheddar cheese and caramel) was my favorite and perfect for this Gemini. G.H. Cretors can be found nationwide in Walgreens, Target, Rite Aid, BJs and more. For full retail locations near you, check out the store locator here.
4. GYM – I signed up for another Anowa Adjah challenge because my fitness has not been on point. Stress has been such a pain point for my overall health and I need to eat better and exercise consistently. I had gotten into a great flow with my trainer and then -BOOM- my schedule becomes so hectic that I can’t fit in much-needed workouts. I am trying hard to go to yoga. Even harder to just work out in my home gym. Something has got to give.
5. QUALITY TIME WITH MY HUBBY AND SONS – I had this shocking realization as my son and I toured his college summer camp that I only have a few more summers of vacays and togetherness before he leaves for college. That blows my mind because it seems like college was yesterday for me. So this summer we planned a whole bunch of trips and experiences–some around travel lacrosse, others around places we always wanted to road trip to, and another that is pure luxury. I also want to plan a getaway for just my husband and I. We work so hard that one of my Instagram stories actually pointed out how great it felt to be in the same state, country…continent!